Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A message from Rynelf

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this!

Right. . . where to begin? I follow Tony Nixon on facebook - Tony plays Rynelf in VODT. Through a link on my facebook profile, Mr. Nixon found our Narnia blog - and tried to leave a comment on this post, but wasn't able to. . . so he sent me a message on facebook instead. Here's what he had to say:

Hi Guys, Tony Nixon here (Rynelf) not sure what you mean by doesn't match? If you mean the size you may be right. I'm 99% sure that a lot more sail will be CGI on top of what you see here. When "master and commander" was made the same method was used .... I "think" full sail would be too dangerous for the ship as it stands on a hydraulic gimbal.
I did a scene in the crows nest and believe me the CG image I saw on the monitor after had a lot more height to it than you see here. I was about 20 ft off the ground in the "Nest" and I think this and the "Fighting tops" are all added later .... She will look magnificent.
But I don't know for sure ...... just an educated guess shall we say.


How cool is that, getting a personal message from one of the sailors of the Dawn Treader! :-D Thank you so much, Tony, for taking the time to respond to our blog post!

3 comments:

  1. That is really cool! I'm happy for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, maybe you can write some posts that will bring in other actors? Georgi or Skandar, perhaps? jk

    ReplyDelete